“ObjectWave is a true extension of our internal team, giving valuable guidance and practical advice for optimizing the Munchkin customer experience. Their command of Magento is second to none. I would highly recommend ObjectWave to any company looking for a true partner for Magento implementation.”
Balazs Franciszti, Senior Director of Digital Technology, Munchkin
Munchkin, a global designer and manufacturer of infant and toddler products, needed Magento development support to supplement their internal ecommerce team.
Munchkin needed well-rounded resources with expert skills in Magento back-end, database structure and Magento MVC including expertise in building modules and creating tables in the database. The Munchkin team also needed this deep ecommerce expertise at a competitive price to optimize the return on its Magento investment.
After an intensive review process to identify a digital commerce solutions provider with the right balance of expertise, versatility and value, Munchkin selected ObjectWave for critical Magento projects and managed services.
ObjectWave launched the initial engagement with Munchkin with an experienced Architect and front-end developer. ObjectWave assessed the website, addressed critical issues and formulated a plan to stabilize Munchkin’s Magento implementation.
What began as a focused project to stabilize the site and fix critical items evolved into a full strategic partnership, with ObjectWave delivering as much as 80-90 hours of weekly managed services and support.
Within the past two years, ObjectWave has helped Munchkin to complete several mission critical ecommerce initiatives including:
- Migrating Munchkin’s “Grass Fed” site from Magento 1 to Magento 2 and maintaining it after launch
- Architectural changes and code refactoring
- Support for Munchkin’s mobile app on both Android and iOS
- Implementing Jenkins to automate server deployment and development
- Integrating software lifecycle best practices into every initiative including release processes, quality assurance, hot fixes and more.
The ObjectWave team works seamlessly alongside the Munchkin team. Munchkin now has regular ongoing contact with an ObjectWave Architect to help define and prioritize tasks based on the current code situation. There were many unknowns regarding Munchkin’s Magento implementation, and ObjectWave provided stabilization and confidence regarding future deployments.
Munchkin attributes the success of the ObjectWave partnership to the following factors:
- Seamless workflow – We know each other well, ObjectWave is a true extension of the Munchkin team
- Magento Expertise – ObjectWave covers all things Magento and ecommerce
- True partnership – ObjectWave cares about Munchkin’s customers and is committed to help Munchkin maximize online sales
Says Munchkin Senior Director of Digital Technology Balazs Franciszti, “ObjectWave’s flexibility and scalability is priceless. Our dev cycle is very hectic and changes rapidly, with many projects going on concurrently. Without ObjectWave, we couldn’t do it all in such a short period of time. We’ve moved all app support to ObjectWave, from the Magento sites to the native phone apps – that’s a huge extension to our internal group. ObjectWave lowers both my costs and my headaches!”