Technical Project Manager
We are looking for an energetic and passionate Technical Project Manager to join our growing team. If you live for Gantt charts, functional specifications, and problem solving, you are the right person for the job.
- Full accountability for the management of project timelines, scope, and milestones for a variety of software delivery projects.
- Work collaboratively with members across client, partner, and the ObjectWave team to ensure accurate gathering of project requirements.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the customer’s business to identify ways to exceed expectations.
- Serve as the primary interface between business development, engineering, and the customer on deliverables, timelines, priorities, and issues.
- Create detailed plans, with key tasks, dependencies and timelines and independently define/execute the schedule, scope and itemize risks.
- Provide clear direction to the delivery team on the customer’s vision, priorities, and challenges.
- Effectively coordinate groups of technical and non-technical resources including designers and software engineers to deliver project work and execute the plan in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure the scope, milestones, issues, risks, quality, and budget are communicated to stakeholders as they evolve throughout a project in a consistent and concise manner.
- Effectively executing, monitoring, and managing project work through proactive risk identification, mitigation, and issue management.
- Managing and tracking documentation such as functional requirements, validation and acceptance plans, and other required project documentation.
- Managing project work in alignment with the Statement of Work (SOW) obligations and ensuring accurate team reporting for client invoicing against project budget.
- Facilitate training and transition to maintenance and ongoing support.
- Proficient business and technical experience to enable “translation” across groups.
- Passion for launching projects on-time, on-budget and on-strategy.
- Incredible attention to detail.
- Ability to proactively track progress of all project team members and keep people (often, peers) on task.
- Ability to anticipate and head-off potential project delays (shifting business priorities, technical hurdles, project approvals from stakeholders, etc.).
- Ability to spin plates.
- Ability to effectively build positive working relationships across the project teams.
- Outstanding communication, leadership and negotiation skills.
- Bilingual – English and Spanish.
- Software Development, BS/BA degree in applicable field or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ of project management and business analysis experience in software or technology, preferably in e-commerce.
- 5+ years of technical experience in software development or related areas.
- Database experience with Oracle and MS SQL.
- Experience different environments including Windows, Linux, Apache and application servers such as Tomcat.
- ERP Integration, Database Development, and/or QA Testing experience.
- Experience leading/managing projects with the team from cradle to grave in full SDLC environments.
ObjectWave is a digital marketing technology and services company. We provide consulting, implementation and managed solutions for eCommerce. With over 25 years of experience building enterprise level distributed system, ObjectWave brings a systems perspective to deliver robust implementations that provide real-time, contextual, consistent, and relevant experiences regardless of channel or device throughout each unique customer journey.