Strategic Partner Manager
The Strategic Partner Manager is a quota-carrying role and will be responsible for managing key partner relationships in order to maximize sales leads and closed sales through our partner network.
We are looking for a passionate and energetic sales /alliance professional with a background in complex strategic programs/initiatives and a track record of surpassing revenue targets through joint sales. The successful candidate will own the end-to-end GTM relationship with several partners. Responsibilities will include cultivating and growing the partnership, developing the initial business plan, program development, field channel engagement, and closing sales.
- Consistently meets and exceeds quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Drives maximum revenue through each partner relationship.
- Researches, develops, negotiates and closes partnering opportunities.
- Schedules meetings with key executives at target accounts, partners and end clients on a regular basis.
- Continuous outreach and communication with partners in your portfolio.
- Works with Marketing to create effective market communications that leverage partnerships.
- Creates client specific presentations, recommendations, and messaging that leverages the ObjectWave/partner relationship.
- Effectively communicates plan, activities, and results to keep executive management and stakeholders engaged in.
ObjectWaveâ€™s partner program
- Manages ObjectWaveâ€™s Partner Program and the formalization of partnering agreements.
- Identifies key players and sales reps within the partner organization, facilitates lead generation.
- Builds relationships and becomes a trusted advisor to our partners and their sales teams.
- Develops strategies for targeting each individual partner, develops effective persuasive communications to convince partners of our value proposition.
- Thoroughly understands the partnerâ€™s organization, business needs, go-to market strategies and sales processes.
- Be the first point of contact for partners around all key areas (sales, marketing, operations, financial, etc.).
- Works on their own and with Marketing to generate and qualify leads through online research, cold calling, networking and initial phone meetings.
- Applies a consultative / problem-solving approach to fulfill client requirements.
- Customer Acumen â€“ actively understands each customerâ€™s technology footprint, strategic growth plans, technology strategy, and competitive landscape.
- Remains updated on key industry trends and issues impacting prospects and customers.
- Reviews public information (e.g. new executive appointments, earnings statements, press releases) for all prospects and their competitors.
- Develops a deep understanding of clientsâ€™ needs and, together with partner, proposes appropriate solutions.
- Cultivates cross departmental relationships within ObjectWave to ensure delivery of the highest quality proposals, solutions and engagements.
- Demonstrates leadership skills in marshaling internal resources to serve prospects, customers and partners.
- Contributes to and influences the RFP/RFI process.
- Responsible for contract ownership and getting timely MSA, NDA, SOWâ€™s in place with client.
- Builds and maintains an active pipeline of leads and opportunities in company CRM.
- Maintains constant sales motion to advance and close opportunities.
- Actively updates CRM with accurate account, partner and contact information.
- Understands ObjectWaveâ€™s competition and effectively position solutions against them.
- Actively networks within the industry to constantly improve knowledge and facilitate introduction to high-level prospects.
- Attends trade shows and other events to help generate new sales leads and establish new relationships.
- Bilingual Spanish/English would be a big plus.
- 7+ years of consultative selling experience, agency background and/or experience with complex business software, e Commerce or IT solutions.
- Proven track record as a top producer managing and prioritizing a portfolio of strategic partnerships.
- Exceptional ability to think laterally & strategically; to connect the dots and come up with creative â€œwin-winâ€ value propositions for partnerships.
- An execution-focused individual and team player who displays maturity commands trust, and inspires confidence.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, competitive environment.
- Experience in the lead role of a team-selling environment.
- Demonstrated success with large transactions and lengthy sales cycles in a fast-paced, consultative and competitive market.
- Demonstrated success as a sales hunter â€“ initiating and developing new accounts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (listening, oral, written, presentation) skills.
- Outstanding organization and prioritization skills, resulting in ability to multi-task and follow through on commitments.
- Proven ability to sell to C-level executives.
- Strong ability to prospect, close and manage complex sales cycles and accounts; such as leading RFP response and contract negotiations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (25%-35%).
- Strong Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Understanding of eCommerce processes and technologies is a plus.
- Bachelors degree required, MBA or equivalent amount of education and experience preferred.
- Industry experience in achieving or overachieving revenue targets of $5M+ is required.
- Self-driven, motivated and results oriented, possesses exceptional business acumen.
- Demonstrates the ability to socialize and network successfully and consistently.
- Proven ability to leverage partner organizations and cross-functional team members to secure sales.
- Entrepreneurial in nature.
- Well established contacts and relationships in target industries is a plus.
- Infectious passion for results.
ObjectWave is a digital marketing technology and services company. We provide consulting, implementation and managed solutions for eCommerce. With over 25 years of experience building enterprise level systems, ObjectWave brings a unique perspective to eCommerce implementations resulting in the best customer experience and accelerated eCommerce sales.